Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fahrenheit451- #2 passage

*please choose one passage from the novel that is significant to you. why is this passage meaningful? Please type it into one of your entries and comment on what you think about the passage.

"An hour of TV class, an hour of basketball or baseball or running, another hour of transcription history or painting pictures, and more sports, but do you know, we never ask questions, or at least most don;t; they just run the answers at you, bing, bing, bing, and us sitting there for four more hours of film teacher. That's not social to me at all." (pg.29)

This is the interesting passge I chose in the novel 'Fahrenheit 451'. Although it is not related to the major theme of this novel, I chose this pasagge because I recalled memories about some Korean teachers and students at the school I went before. Some teachers in school were very strict and authoritative, and they didn't like students asking questions very much. Therefore, students had to try hard to accept the information by themselves and not ask much question. When I first came to TCIS, it was very hard for me to get rid of the habit of not asking questions. Since I was trained to not ask much questions for long time, it is hard and I am keep trying to improve. This passage made me think about lots of things. Before I read this book, I didn't realize how much my habit was serious, but now I realized it.